Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Booty-full Purchases

Having some time to kill before a happy hour yesterday, I did some wandering (i.e. shopping) on the Lower East Side. I scored twice, first at Dolce Vita, where I picked up these nice wedges for a cool $30:



Dolce Vita Firenze wedges, $69 online but, as I said, $30 in store, and $25 (two for $50) if you can find another pair of worthy sale shoes in the back of the store in your size (I couldn't). I dig 'em, though the soles feel thin enough that I'll have a shoe guy put another one on. They also have a half-off or two for $80 special on shoes in the front of the store and a couple racks of sale clothes, so get thee there.

With time running out, I quickly ducked into one of my favorite little shops, Miks. This Stanton Street store is pretty unassuming and has a lot of neutral stuff that is less eye-catching than much of the merch in surrounding stores. But I find their fashiony take on preppy style to be refreshing, fun, and best of all: affordable! I scored the following two skirts, which are not really well represented in these pics, which I made my boyfriend take on the roof of our building this morning as I celebrated not having to go into work today. Let's hear it for subway-delaying floods!



This pinstriped, nautical mini was the first skirt that caught my eye. It's a little bit weird....



...it has butt pleats. Despite what this picture shows, I have a decent amount of butt. I don't really need extra butt. But I think it might actually work. It was on sale for $43, so I purchased it.

Not content with a mere hint of extra badonkadonk, I tried on this crazy skirt that Carl said looked like I was wearing a balloon:



I was convinced in the store (and by the cheerful salesgirl, of course), that it was cute and didn't make me look like a whale, but I'm not totally sure about that. But I liked it nonetheless, enough to drop $59 on it.

What do y'alls think? Be kind....

No comments:

Post a Comment