Friday, September 28, 2007

Bargain Basement Bests

I was recently explaining to a friend that the reason why people like Betsy and Susie get flown to Paris by Chanel and people like Tamron and I do not is that we (or more accurately, I) do posts on, like, what is cute at Old Navy currently. Ce la vie. Sometimes they have cute shit! I can't help myself. Last weekend I went shopping at the Atlantic Center in Brooklyn (the closest thing we have to a mall in my neighborhood), thoroughly enjoyed myself for a good three hours, and came home with a bunch of shiznit. Which I will now document for you.



Stripey trapeze top, FIVE DOLLAH! Very trapezey but irresistibly cute.





The next thrilling purchase was this anorak in army green, on sale for $24.99. I can attest that loads of fashion girls rock the army jacket. It is SO much better than this picture shows, I swear. I'm going to live in it this fall. See if you can find it in the store in green. I ONLY recommend the green, and I know you LIVE by my recs.

I also got a couple V-neck long-sleeve tees in dark colors for $15 each, one of which I realized started unravelling before I even put it on my person. (Not really worth linking to.) I'll be taking that back, thankyouverymuch. And getting a new one.



I *think* this is the same ridiculous corduroy jumper, $12.99, I tried on in the store, which I was utterly swimming in. Yards of fabric swirling around me. Comical. Doesn't look that way in the picture. I realized I'd have to belt it, and frankly I just don't like belts, although I have just now thought of the very belt I'd belt it with. I think. Stupid belts! Stupid voluminous jumper! I still sorta like it though. Perfect for fall...



And yet despite my complicated relationship with volume, I totally want the trapeze dress, $29.50, in black. Stupid black sold out online in the last two hours! WTF??

Other things at Old Navy that I did not see that are cute:



Ruffle sleeve blouse, $12.50. For when you want to wear a T-shirt to work with enough cuteness to make it not necessarily a T-shirt.




Thermal knit cowl-neck
, to make you look a little nicer than your standard thermal-wearing, college-wardrobe-lovin' bum.



Oooh! I also got the Libertine trenchcoat from Target, on sale for $19.98 ($27.99 online though). It had been returned, according to the ticket, and was so randomly placed that I felt ultralucky. It's very slimming and cool. Love it.



I also bought these, possibly previously blogged "Jill" kitten heels at Payless. So cute, the kitten heels! Love 'em. Have yet to road-test 'em....

...as well as a dress the provenance of which will be revealed in a post wholly dedicated to the brand. It'll be good, fret not!

No comments:

Post a Comment