Monday, March 9, 2009

Unlikely Style Icons: Brains from Thunderbirds

I know that when most people think of 1960s marionette-based television programme Thunderbirds, they don't necessarily think 'man, that Brains, what a style icon for our times'. I may have lost it altogether, so bear with me. The scientific genius and engineer provided the main inpsiration for the below outfit...


-Inspiration came from a pair of glasses. I first heard about Super from Elliot and now I'm a bit obsessed. If Steve gets this pair then you know I'm going to try to nab them!

-These Arn Mercantile Chore jacket and Folk trousers are ideal for Brains' smart-casual work place. The jacket I think captures the slightly boxy look of the clothes sported by the marionettes in the programme.

-This blue and white stripe bowtie from Pinch and Pull gives the whole outfit just the right amount of 'quirky academic'.

-I knew this shirt was right as soon as I laid eyes on it. I half imagined that he made it this way in some experiment gone wrong (right?), but really it's from Comme des Garcons.

-I imagined that straight-laced Brains might be a little jealous of the rest of the Thunderbirds, so allowed him some glamour with these sequinned hi-top Sw**r shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment